Recipe: Goat Cheese & Honey Crostini
- Posted on
- By Amber Shehan
- Posted in honey, infused honey, recipes, weaverville nc
These crispy, creamy crostini are the perfect rich, sweet treat for spring and summer snacks. Use different flavors of goat cheese and honey to make sweet or savory snacks with whatever you have fresh from your garden or farm market!
'Tis the season for picnics, cook-outs, parties, and weddings! These versatile goat cheese and honey crostini make a beautiful platter that is perfect for spring and summer spreads. These bites are cool and refreshing, but also filling.
Visit your local farmer’s market to see what kind of fruits, vegetables, herbs, or edible flowers you can find to top your crostini. Play with pairings - pecans, blackberries, and wildflower honey would be lovely, but so would dill, cucumber, and peppery honey. The choices are endless!
Goat Cheese & Honey Crostini Recipe
* Baguette or any long loaf, sliced
* Goat cheese
* Honey - we used our Basil Infused Honey
* Toppings - we used blackberries and fresh basil leaves
* Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
* Slice your baguette and arrange the slices on a baking sheet.
* Bake for 10-12 minutes or until very lightly toasted.
* Mix the goat cheese and honey together until it is mostly smooth.
* Spread the goat cheese mixture on the toasted bread.
* Decorate each crostini with your favorite toppings.
* Just before serving, drizzle the crostini with honey.
We want to give a shout-out to our friends at High Top Bread Company for the beautiful bread, which we picked up at the Weaverville Tailgate Market. If you're in the area, pay this farmers market a visit on Wednesday afternoons from 3 - 6 pm.
Be the first to comment...